Go to CUBA with Girls LOVE Travel!
Girls LOVE Travel has teamed up with Fisheye Journeys to take you to CUBA!
ONLY 12 SPOTS!
** Reservations start 11am EST Thursday April 27th! **
Fisheye Journeys is a travel company that gets you off the tour bus and fully immersed in the vibrant local culture. A big part of the local relationships they share is maintaining responsible travel practices. They support socially and environmentally prudent individuals, organizations, and activities in all the locations they visit. They share authentic meals with local families, visit local markets, support local accommodation, and more!
Join Girls LOVE Travel & Fisheye Journeys for a 5 day / 4 night adventure in Havana!
Dates: September 29 – October 3, 2017
Cost: Introductory price of $1199
Note that this price is only available to current Girls LOVE Travel members.
A non-refundable retainer of $500 will hold your spot and the total remaining balance is due 30 days before the trip.
There are a maximum of 12 bookings on this trip and with so much interest on the last post, we have a feeling they won’t last long!
Please read this detailed post details as well as the booking terms + conditions: http://www.fisheyejourneys.com/booking-terms-conditions/
What is included in the itinerary??
- Welcome drinks and dinner (Cuban grandma edition – seriously the BEST cooking in all of Cuba 😉 )
- Architectural walk around Old Havana led by a young architect with a stop for the best mojito in Havana (included)
- Visit the first independent design store in Havana (only opened up two years ago)
- Tour the different neighborhoods in Havana by classic convertible and learn about the history
- Day trip to the beautiful valley of Vinales
- Cigar rolling lessons
- Coconut water cocktails
- Traditional roasted pork lunch at a family home (vegetarian options available)
- Tune in to the rhythms of the locals with a salsa lesson
- We get away from the glitz of Old Havana, and into the bare bones of the Centro Havana neighborhood. We’ll have coffee at a private residence in Centro Havana and you’ll get to meet some neighborhood friends made by Fisheye Journeys
- And more!
To view the full itinerary, click here: http://www.fisheyejourneys.com/glt-cuba
Trip cost includes:
- Currency exchange fee of 13% (this is standard in Cuba for U.S. dollars to Cuban pesos)
- Collective donation of day-to-day products for local families (Ex: deodorant, soap, toothpaste, and first aid supplies like Tylenol and other necessities). This is pre-purchased before every trip.
- Accommodation for 4 nights
- Transportation to and from the airport
- In-country transportation
- Meals + tips as noted on the itinerary
- Activities as noted on the itinerary
- Professional group photographer to capture your journey
- Airfare in and out of the country
- Mandatory travel insurance
- Visa – please see additional info below
- Health insurance*
- Other incidental expenses (if you’re not sure, just ask)
- Alcohol, except where noted
- Accommodation – Individual beds in shared accommodation (for 2 people) for 4 nights with a private bathroom in each room. We stay in ‘casas particulares’ which are homestays similar to a bed and breakfast, which are usually old colonial, classic Cuban homes.
They’re so charming and vibrant, you’re gonna love ‘em! Let us know on the registration request form if you have a roommate request – we will do our best to fill those.
- U.S. Passport holders traveling to Cuba – Tourism in Cuba is strictly prohibited. However, this trip is completely legal and compliant as this trip is permitted through the “people-to-people general license category” authorized by the Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). This itinerary is intended to provide a cultural experience and meaningful interactions with Cubans. We will retain records of our itinerary and activities for all of our travelers.
- Visa – Obtained through your airline. Upon booking, we will work with you and help to answer any questions you may have about your visa and help with searching for flights
*Health Insurance: Cuban authorities require proof of health insurance upon entering the country. Save a printed copy of your policy ready to show. If you don’t have proof of health coverage upon arriving, you will be required to purchase Cuban medical insurance for the duration of your trip, which will run about $3 per day.
*What to expect in Cuba: While we try our best to stick to the itinerary, traveling in Cuba requires flexibility and changes to accommodation, transportation, and activities may occur. Cuban infrastructure has not been maintained according to western standards, hot water may be minimal, wifi connection may be slow when available, and the general pacing is slow but vibrant. Bring your sense of adventure and enjoy the moment!
*Pricing: The trip cost is $1199 per person during early signup, and $1399 after early signup. A $500 initial non-refundable deposit per person is required to reserve your spot and is included in this total price. Final payment is due no later than 30 days prior to departure. All payments must be made by credit card.